Graduate Recruiter and University Partnership Consultant
Covid-19 has thrown the world into fear, uncertainty and sadness. At the same time, the pandemic has also changed almost everything about our daily lives including the way we work, shop, get medical help, how we are educated and how we communicate.
Our reliance on technology has never been greater and as a result we have unprecedented levels of demand for keen and ambitious individuals to join our Technology Graduate Programme. With it is the need for recruiters to bring those candidates through the application process.
FDM is the market leader in the Recruit, Train and Deploy industry. We recruit and train graduates, ex-forces service personnel and returners to work, transforming them into IT and business professionals before deploying them across our client base. We’re a successful FTSE 250 company with centres across Europe, North America and APAC working with large global organisations to support them with their complex resource requirements to build a diverse pipeline of talent for the future.
At the heart of our business are our graduates. The Graduate Recruitment and University Partnership team is driven by a desire to make things happen, interested in technology and how careers in this field are shaping the future of industry using the latest approaches in assessment. We find talented people with ambition and the aptitude to succeed irrespective of their background hiring from over 100 universities and from all subject disciplines.
Role and Key Skills:
We’re seeking both entry level recruiters who want to learn about the world of technology recruitment (no experience necessary) as well as more experienced recruiters keen to build on their recruitment experience, hit the ground running and maximise their earning potential. You don’t necessarily need to know anything about technology right now, your ability to communicate well with candidates and help others understand the career opportunities on offer is far more important.
This role is multifaceted as you will be establishing relationship with key Universities, run exciting webinars and think innovatively what can be done to increase FDM’s brand on campus whilst still building good rapport with your candidates.
We have Recruiter roles in our central London and Glasgow offices and for those interested in working closely with our university partners in London too. We operate a blended working culture, working from home two days a week with three days spent in our offices coming together with colleagues from across the UK.
Includes all aspects of the graduate recruitment process - building and maintaining relationships with candidates and taking them through each stage of their application.
You must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills to be able to work effectively with individual candidates, University Partners and with colleagues from across the business.
Fast-track career progression is a key focus at FDM as we are seeking individuals who are excited to work hard and achieve results work in a dynamic driven environment. If you are career-focused, enthusiastic and energetic, please apply!
Duties and Responsibilities
• Relationship building with candidates throughout the candidate journey
• Review and assess incoming applications
• Meet and exceed individual recruitment targets
• Conduct and assess telephone and video interviews
• Understand the purpose of social media to source and engage with potential candidates
• Run and lead events such as opening evenings or on-boarding sessions
• Provide basic feedback to candidates (successful and unsuccessful)
• Ensure candidates are provided with all information and support necessary to have a successful onboarding experience
• Follow up successful candidates to maximise candidate conversion
University partners specific duties and responsibilities:
• Build strong relationships with University Partners
• Deliver webinars to students
• Attend careers fair and campus events
• Develop presentation and workshops
• Educated to degree
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ambitious and target driven
• Understand FDM purpose and values and value proposition
• Excellent time management and administration abilities
• Professional approach
• Fully IT literate
• The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
• Able to build effective professional relationships internally and externally and be a team player
Diversity and inclusion are at the heart of what we value as an organisation. FDM Group is an equal opportunities employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law. Our recruitment team are happy to support with any reasonable adjustments that are needed within the recruitment process.