At FDM we work in partnership with our clients, across a number of sectors, to provide them with the people they need to fill their technology skills gaps and to build their talent pipeline. We train graduates, ex-forces personnel and those looking to return to work after a career break, transforming them into IT and business professionals, before deploying them across our client base as FDM consultants.
Our purpose is to create and inspire exciting careers that shape our digital future. We want to make sure that the opportunity for a career in tech is made available to as wide an audience as possible. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer: it enables us to attract, recruit, train and deploy incredible people.
With centers across Europe, North America, and APAC, FDM has shown exponential growth throughout the years, firmly establishing itself as an award-winning FTSE 250 employer. Find out more about us, follow us on social #FDMcareers.
This is an exciting role within the global creative team working alongside other creative specialists to provide innovative material to support the APAC region specifically but also the organization as a whole. Working within the Marketing Department and reporting directly to the Group Marketing Manager you will be working closely with the APAC Marketing Manager and with other specialists including the Production Manager to ensure that workflows effectively and meets demand. You will be the main point of contact for all areas regarding graphic design within the APAC region and will be responsible for the creation of innovative material to support all FDM departments internationally.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To design marketing material that effectively represents/promotes our brand both internally and externally in a range of medium
- Working with other regional designers to administer the FDM Group website, ensuring they are up to date and relevant
- Developing and maintaining standard FDM templates
- Contributing to web development projects
- Liaise and negotiate with key suppliers as well as building effective relationships, in order for FDM to benefit from improved rates/packages
- Working with the media team to ensure all photography and media is on-brand
- Working with directors and managers to determine requirements and develop suitable briefs on time and to spec
- Managing production briefs to deliver corporate material to support client/investor meetings and events
- Taking responsibility for the visual design across the region and working with other regional designers to ensure effective marketing communication and design consistency
- Liaising with SMEs in house and externally to ensure that the creative output is on-brand and meets business needs
- Working as part of a global team of specialists e.g. copywriters, photographers, marketing specialists, and web developers to ensure content is consistently delivered and focused on client needs
- Graphic design qualifications or equivalent experience and portfolio
- Knowledge of core design and visual communication principles (typography, layout, colour theory, white space, usability, etc.)
- Experience using design software and processes (adobe suite, HTML and CSS, Flash, print production, etc.)
- Creative and innovative
- Ability to translate client desires into design briefs and to work with SMEs to deliver
- Good attention to detail working with a high level of accuracy
- Ability to manage stakeholders internally and externally
- Project management capability
To excel in this role the person should be an excellent communicator who works well within the team but also has the self-motivation to work autonomously. They should be able to prioritize their work and be driven to achieve excellence for the internal client. They should be keen to continue to develop their knowledge in skills in their area of expertise.
The person should demonstrate the FDM values.
Desirable Criteria (not essential)
- CAD or 3D design work
Diversity and inclusion are at the heart of what we value as an organization. FDM Group is an equal opportunities employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other status protected by law. Our recruitment team are happy to support with any reasonable adjustments that are needed within the recruitment process.