Data Scientist – Kraków
FDM is a FTSE 250 company, multi award-winning employer and market leader in the Recruit, Train and Deploy industry. We’re new to Poland, but with over 5,000+ employees, we provide IT services on a global scale and work with clients in 30+ industries across the UK, Europe, North America and APAC, launching the careers of thousands of graduates every year.
Today, companies are constantly looking for skilled professionals who are ready to take on new challenges and create a real impact on their business performance. Over 3,900 FDM consultants are currently placed with our clients working on these exciting advancements in technology.
About the Role
- We are recruiting for a Data Scientist role to work as a part of a new data team within one of our financial services clients based in central Kraków. The company is looking to optimise their financial crime reporting through enhancing their data analytics capability. In your role, you will be responsible for:
- Providing data science inputs on analysis
- Building analytics for hypotheses
- Extracting and pre-processing data
- Presenting information using data visualization techniques
- Communicating insights and findings to business and IT leaders
- Making recommendations on how to improve data quality
FDM will provide you with the necessary training to gain the skills needed for this particular role. We welcome applicants from all degree backgrounds – you don’t have to study IT to work in IT. All you need is your drive and passion for building an exciting and dynamic career in the world’s fastest growing industry.
What we offer you:
- 8 weeks of acclaimed and commercially relevant paid training
- Opportunity to achieve industry-recognised qualifications
- Chance to secure a placement with world-renowned companies - after 18 months of commercial experience, you can decide to continue working for the client, progress to be a senior consultant at FDM or choose a different pathway using the connections and experience you have gained
- Opportunities for career development in Poland as well as internationally
- Individual mentoring and ongoing support throughout your entire FDM journey
- Open door to tech talks, networking and social events
We ask you have:
University degree (score 4 and above) – preferably within a technology discipline, but all degrees are welcome
Eligibility to work in Poland
Preferred English level B2 or higher
Passion for technology - no previous experience in the field required
Excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships
Motivation, ambition and a drive to succeed
Strong analytical and decision-making skills
Interest in working in Kraków to support our international clients
Commitment to an 18-months contract with FDM upon completion of the training period
With 90+ nationalities working together as a team, we encourage inclusivity and celebrate diversity, in terms of background, culture and skills. Our Women in Tech initiative supports women in the industry, aiming to create a more gender balanced workforce. As a part of the FDM consultant community, your efforts will always be recognised and rewarded, and you will be supported throughout your FDM journey to achieve your career goals.
Whether you've been studying for a role in the technology industry or not, we have exciting opportunities available for you. Why not make an application today to secure your place for our upcoming training session starting in April?