Find out about FDM’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) preparations here
Note: Please only submit one application, even if you are interested in more than one opportunity. A recruiter will speak to you about all options available after we review your application. Please note this role is part of our graduate program.
Do you thrive in fast-paced technical environments and have a strong attention to detail? Are you eager to have a career where you are encouraged to meet your potential and have the opportunity to work for a prestigious company with an impressive global presence?
FDM is currently seeking a number of ambitious and driven candidates with the aptitude for IT/Tech to work as FDM consultants with our top clients, many of which are leading companies in the banking and financial services industry.
FDM creates and inspires exciting careers that shape our digital future. Through our Careers Program, we recruit and train those aspiring to become IT and business professionals before deploying them on to client sites worldwide. With centres across Europe, North America and APAC, FDM has shown exponential growth throughout the years, firmly establishing itself as an award-winning FTSE 250 employer.
As a Junior Quality Automation Engineer, you will learn the role of a technical tester in order to assure the quality of systems and applications through the full development cycle to meet client needs. You will be trained on the tools a tester needs to guarantee the developed system consistently meets the appropriate quality and performance expectations at all phases of a project. You will also develop cross-functional skills relevant to all aspects of solution delivery in order to work alongside the development team to aid in eliminating any issues. You will become immersed in DevOps-oriented culture through the use of automated testing technologies at the demand of our high-profile clients.
FDM is an award-winning graduate employer. We recruit, train and deploy talented individuals, like yourself, who want to excel in a successful technology career. Your adventure begins in our Toronto, CA Training Center. Following training, you will gain two years of commercial experience on client sites across Canada. It doesn’t stop there, many of our consultants go on to work permanently with the client, work internally at FDM or choose a different pathway using the connections and experience they’ve gained.
What We Offer You:
- Industry recognized paid training and assignment with one of FDM’s global clients
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Ongoing training and development through FDM mentors and virtual learning
- Relocation support where applicable for training and assignment(s)
The Ideal FDMer has:
- University degree/college diploma or above
- A demonstrable interest and desire to work in technology
- Exemplary communication skills
- Legally authorized to work in Canada
- Geographically flexible throughout Canada to support our clients
- Able to commit to a two-year contract with FDM upon completion of the training period
Desirable Technical Skills:
- Knowledge of operating systems (Microsoft, UNIX, Linux)
- Exposure to one of the object-oriented programming languages (Java, C, C++, C#)
- Foundation in Excel
- Exposure to SQL
- Project Management Methodologies: Agile (Scrum), Test Driven Development, Waterfall
- Strong knowledge of software development life cycle
Culture and Diversity
At FDM, our culture is unique. From charity partnerships to networking events, we are proud to provide a range of opportunities for you to get involved, broaden your networks and help you build relationships. In 2018, we were awarded Diversity Employer of the Year and we continue to prove that we’re inclusive by nature through our initiatives including Women in Tech.
FDM is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, provincial or local laws.