COVID-19 Update: At FDM, it’s ‘business as usual’, we are recruiting now and throughout the year. Due to COVID-19, we have implemented alternative working arrangements to ensure that all our people stay safe. These consist of remote working, virtual training, video interviewing, and access to webinars and virtual events. We have training start dates happening throughout the year. If you’re looking to start your career in technology or business, we want to hear from you now!
Note: Please only submit one application, even if you are interested in more than one opportunity. A recruiter will speak to you about all options available after we review your application.
We are now recruiting for our 2021 graduates. Apply now to begin your application and reserve your place on our dedicated assessment centres for final year students.
FDM Group is a FTSE 250 award-winning employer that recruits, trains and deploys talent globally. We work with some of the world’s most reputable organisations.
FDM is currently seeking candidates interested in building a career in Software Development, Software Testing and DevOps to work as FDM Consultants with our top clients, many of which are leading companies in the banking and financial services industry.
FDM creates and inspires exciting careers that shape our digital future. Through our Careers Program, we recruit and train those aspiring to become IT and business professionals before deploying them on to client sites worldwide. With centres across Europe, North America and APAC, FDM has shown exponential growth throughout the years, firmly establishing itself as an award-winning FTSE 250 employer.
Prior to working with our clients, successful candidates will receive intense technical and professional training in FDM’s Toronto or Montreal centre. You become an FDM employee from day one and are paid during the training period before placement on-site with our clients. Fast-track career progression is a key focus of FDM, and our program will put you on a pathway that could grow into leadership roles working within multinational organizations.
We are currently seeking candidates interested in building a career in a range of specialties:
- Junior DevOps Engineers focus on creating solutions using tools and automation to improve operations. DevOps roles can involve a myriad a projects, including: enhancing and streamlining operational processes though automation and integration; modifying existing software to correct errors, adapt to new hardware, or to improve performance; analyzing user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints; using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design; and much more.
- Junior Software Developers work with a range of responsibilities, including: writing, developing, testing, and reviewing code; supporting existing applications; liaising with end users to fix defects, find solutions, and test them; adding functionality to applications by designing and implementing solutions; and more. FDM has trained and placed developers in specialties including Java, C#, COBOL, .Net, and more.
- Junior Software Testers assure the quality of systems and applications through the full development cycle to meet client needs. You will be trained on the tools a tester needs to guarantee the developed system consistently meets the appropriate quality and performance expectations at all phases of a project. You will also develop cross-functional skills relevant to all aspects of solution delivery in order to work alongside the development team to aid in eliminating any issues. You will become immersed in DevOps-oriented culture through the use of automated testing technologies at the demand of our high-profile clients.
What we offer you:
- Industry recognized training and qualifications
- Key skills development
- A minimum of two years commercial experience working with some of the world’s most reputable organizations
- Mentoring and on-going support throughout your career with FDM
- 4 year degree (preferably in Computer Science, IT, Engineering, Mathematics, or similar)
- A strong aptitude in IT and the interest and drive to expand your IT skill set
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A problem solver with a keen eye for detail
- Able to engage yourself in a project and enjoy the challenges and processes involved
- Flexible, eager, ambitious, and adaptable to change
- Able to commit to work for FDM for a minimum of two years working as an FDM consultant following the training period
- Eligible to work in Canada
- Geographic flexibility accross Canada is not required
FDM is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, provincial, or local laws.