Find out about FDM’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) preparations here
We are currently recruiting for our 2020 graduates. Apply now to begin your application and reserve your place on our dedicated virtual assessment centres for final year students, running throughout the summer. Our University Partnerships team will also be delivering many virtual events every week, so keep an eye on our social media pages to register and to find out what’s coming next.
FDM Group is a FTSE 250 award-winning employer that recruits, trains and deploys talent globally. We are the UK’s leading IT graduate employer, working with some of the world’s most reputable organisations including HSBC, AXA, Save the Children and Virgin Media to name a few.
The training you will receive at the FDM academy will prepare you for a number of roles such as Software Testing, Software Development, IT Service Management and Business Intelligence.
As a software test analyst you will manage the risk and improve the quality throughout the entire software development lifecycle. You will work across a variety of projects in challenging yet satisfying environment and could be testing software across a number of solutions such as websites, mobile apps or content management systems.
As a software developer you will be key to delivering technology solutions. You will learn how to write code that is modular, robust and scalable, design and develop software solutions while collaborating with numerous stakeholders throughout the business to find solutions to problems.
IT Service Management
As an IT Service Management Analyst your role will be key in keeping critical business systems running and continually investigating ways to improve performance and users experience with them. Your daily tasks will vary giving you a wealth of experience in application support, creating and managing infrastructures or migrating applications from physical data centres to the cloud, to mention a few.
As a Business Intelligence Developer, you will have wide-ranging exposure into how a business functions and operates. You could be creating platforms to delivery key insights about the organisation or utilising BI software to improve efficiencies in a process or system, all with tangible results so you can see the success of your efforts.
The training will take place in one of the FDM state-of-the-art academies in London, Leeds, Glasgow or Birmingham and includes the opportunity to receive industry-recognised qualifications for certain pathways such as the ITIL Foundation Certification in IT Service Management or the ISTQB Certification.
Once you have completed training, you will work with one or more of our clients across the UK for a minimum of two years. After the two years, you can remain with FDM or you may have the opportunity to transition to an in house role at FDM or to carry on working with the client as a member of their permanent team.
What we offer you:
- Industry recognised training and qualifications
- Key skills development e.g. stakeholder management, communication, planning and Microsoft Excel
- A minimum of two years commercial experience working with some of the world’s most reputable organisations
- Mentoring and on-going support throughout your career with FDM
Essential experience and skills required:
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to build relationships
- Ambitious, with a drive to succeed within the technology industry
- Degree, preferably within a STEM discipline but all degrees considered
- Strong analytical ability
- Final year student, graduating summer 2020
- Good decision making skills within fast-paced environments
- Be geographically flexible throughout the UK to support our clients
- Be able to commit to a two-year contract with FDM upon completion of the training period