Find out about FDM’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) preparations here
Your career starts here.
Our clients are currently investing heavily in new technology and techniques to improve efficiency and effectiveness in their sector both domestically and internationally. Their solutions include:
Test automation which involves using tools and frameworks to write automated test scripts using programming languages such as Java, C#, Ruby etc.
Exploratory testing which involves defining and executing tests and raising defects concurrently to increase the speed at which we can test and provide feedback to stakeholders.
Supporting agile processes by improving the collaboration and development of shared skillsets between testers and developers.
FDM is a leading IT graduate employer and we are seeking a number of high-calibre candidates to join our award-winning Graduate Programme as an automation specialist.
How is the programme structured?
Your journey as an FDM Graduate Automation Specialist will begin at our training academy in Central London and will become part of a community of talented graduates where you will attend an 11-week technical training programme which includes the following topics:
- ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level (an industry recognised qualification)
- Manual Testing i.e. how to write and execute test cases, create defect reports etc.
- Test Automation which involves Java, Selenium WebDriver and Cucumber
You will receive mentoring and support throughout your training and once deployed, after successfully completing your training, you will be working for FDM as a graduate automation specialist for one or more of our prestigious clients, including HSBC, Virgin, DWP and Sky, to name a few.
What will I be doing?
You will join our client’s experienced technical delivery team as a graduate automation specialist to ensure consistent level of quality functionality across all products, ensuring that the clients customers receive the best possible experience. You will be working within a fast paced and dynamic environment, in cross disciplinary teams, creating software solutions and supporting to reduce risk and increase profits.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Review software requirements to ensure they are clear to all aspects of the business
- Work closely with Business Analysts to determine the scope of testing on projects
- Collaborate with developers to identify unit tests for their code
- Create automated tests to support build verification activities
- Create and execute tests to check the functionality of the software works as expected
- Raise issues with the development team when the application does not behave as expected
- Work with business stakeholders to identify the priority and severity of defects raised
- Re-test defects that have been fixed by the development team
- Engage the support team to identify workarounds and solutions for production issues
Apply now if you:
- Have a degree, preferably within a STEM discipline but all degrees accepted
- Have the passion and enthusiasm to succeed within the IT industry
- Passion for collaboration and enthusiasm for building good team dynamics
- Have an analytical mind-set so that you can identify the variety of tests that could be run to validate functionality
- Have excellent communication skills to effectively communicate thoughts and ideas to all different types of people in the software development lifecycle
- Have the curiosity to think of a range of approaches that could be used to break the software
- Have the professional pessimism to see the negative aspects of software no matter how high in quality it seems
- Have an interest in working nationally to support our clients
We provide you with:
- The opportunity to receive industry recognised training and qualifications
- Development of cross functional IT skills e.g. stakeholder management, communication, planning and managing pressure
- Understanding of core software testing principles and practices e.g. risk management, reviewing documentation, writing and executing test cases, raising defects
- A foot in the door to one of the world’s most reputable organisations
- Mentoring and on-going support throughout your entire FDM journey
- In developing cross functional skills, you will have the flexibility to progress your career into more senior roles including a Test Manager and roles outside of testing such as Business Analyst and Production Support.
- Modern and central training academies
- Social events and networking
There’s never been a better time to start a rewarding career in technology. The next start date is fast approaching, so make an application today and see where your career will take you!
Please note, applying for this role does not guarantee a place on this particular programme, you will be assessed at the assessment day to align you to a best suited role for your skillset. There are other roles available including; Software Testing, Software Development, IT Service Management and Business Intelligence.