At FDM we proudly work as a team, whether in collaboration with each other or in partnership with our clients. Our model provides those clients, across many and varied sectors, with the people they need to fill their technology skills gaps and to build their talent pipeline.
We train graduates, ex forces personnel and those looking to return to work after a career break, transforming them into IT and business professionals, before deploying them across our client base as FDM consultants.
Our purpose is to create and inspire exciting careers that shape our digital future. We want to make sure that the opportunity for a career in tech is made available to as wide an audience as possible. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer: it enables us to attract, recruit, train and deploy incredible people.
With centres across Europe, North America and APAC, FDM has shown exponential growth throughout the years, firmly establishing itself as an award-winning FTSE 250 employer. Find out more about us, follow us on social media #FDMcareers.
FDM Global Academy trains our new recruits in contemporary high-demand working practices our clients especially value. Rather than teaching textbook theory, our training is highly experiential; delivered by seasoned consultants with significant time served in their discipline. We believe our approach is unique to us; blending various learning styles and media, we deliver realistic training scenarios requiring a mix of remote working and time in the office too, very much mimicking contemporary working practices in a modern business environment.
We are looking for talented leaders in their technical field who are ready, willing, and able to impart their knowledge and experience to the benefit of those wanting to start a career in IT consulting. Already substantive in your field; you are likely to be recognised by your peers as a leader and communicator who is drawn to the idea of helping others grow their talents and capabilities in the same way as you have grown you own.
The role will predominantly involve training our pool of talented graduates, helping to shape and develop their future by providing the skills they need to succeed as Technical Consultants. Based at our London Academy you will be working as part of a global team of exceptional individuals, utilising your industry knowledge to nurture the next generation of IT specialists. Commercial training experience along with agile delivery approaches and relevant professional qualifications are desirable but not essential; it’s what you add that counts, everything else we can provide for the right candidate.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Delivering Technical training in an engaging and fun way to a high standard
- Supporting and mentoring budding consultants throughout their time in the Academy
- Delivering courseware updates as appropriate in conjunction with Course and Product Owners
- Assessing and grading work and encouraging and helping trainees to improve and grow
- IT Industry experience of 3+ years
- Fast learner and strong desire to lead
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, strong technical aptitude
- Self-motivated and flexible
- Knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of Excel VBA
- Knowledge of Unix
- Knowledge of general Python syntax Hands on experience with Django, Flask or other Python frameworks
- Exposure to Agile principles
What We Offer
Join an environment where talent can truly flourish!
This is your opportunity to work in a highly motivated, sociable team and grow with a company that is growing internationally.
- Chance to be part of a high-growth FTSE 250 tech organisation
- Qualification and development opportunities
- Fast-track career progression globally
- Company culture committed to diversity, inclusion and social mobility
- Hybrid working - flexibility to work from home on a regular basis
- Central office location
- Up to 30 days annual leave
- Contributory pension scheme
- Mentoring Programme
You’ll know whether we’ve just described you. If you’re confident you have what we are looking for, we’re confident we can give you the scope to become all you can be.
Diversity and inclusion are at the heart of what we value as an organisation. FDM Group is an equal opportunities employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other status protected by law. Our recruitment team are happy to support with any reasonable adjustments that are needed within the recruitment process.