AWS – Ex-Forces Programme
FDM Group is an award-winning company that specialises in bridging the gap between your military service and a civilian career. We work with major blue-chip clients who value the skills and experience that Ex-Forces personnel bring into the workplace and are committed to creating opportunities for accelerated progression for those looking to enter the civilian job market.
This is an opportunity to enter the Cloud space within a project management role. You will work with technical teams to create Cloud business solutions, responsible for project management and successful delivery.
At the start of the programme, you will receive 10 weeks of fully funded remote training to translate your existing skills into a language the corporate world recognises and gain knowledge in Cloud. The training has been developed in partnership with AWS re/Start to offer a complete skills development programme for Ex-Forces who are looking to start their career working in Cloud Computing. No previous experience in the Cloud sector is required.
Upon completion of the AWS Cloud and IT Fundamentals online training you will become an AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner and a fully-fledged FDM Consultant. You will then have the opportunity to work with one of our industry-leading clients as a Project Manager within a Cloud Engineering team for a minimum of two years.
After the two years, you can remain with FDM or to carry on working with the client as a member of their permanent team.
You will receive continuous guidance from our expert Ex-Forces team throughout your journey. From recruitment, through training to being deployed on site, we are there to support you every step of the way.
What we offer you:
- Permanent employment contract with FDM
- 10 weeks of commercially relevant business and technical training
- SCRUM Master and AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner certifications
- Support from our Ex-Forces team and network with career progression and guidance throughout the programme
- Two days per annum allocated to support military charities of your choice
- Opportunities to work within a project management role with our global clients
Essential experience and criteria required:
- Interest in tech projects and desire to step into a new and emerging industry
- Ability to work full time
- Ability to commit to a two-year contract with FDM once the ten-week training period is complete
Diversity and inclusion are at the heart of what we value as an organisation. FDM Group is an equal opportunities employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other status protected by law. Our recruitment team are happy to support with any reasonable adjustments that are needed within the recruitment process.