Graduate Software Developer – Johannesburg, South Africa
FDM is a FTSE 250 company and multi award-winning employer with a focus on IT. We’re passionate about kick-starting graduate careers in technology and support you every step of the way. When you become an FDMer, you’ll be provided with training, as well as two years of commercial experience, so for those critical first few years after graduation, you’ll be off to a flying start. With 5,000+ employees, we provide IT services on a global scale and work with over 200 high profile clients in 30+ industries across Europe, North America and Asia Pacific, launching the careers of thousands of graduates every year.
About the role
We are recruiting for multiple individuals to work in a team of Software Development Consultants with a leading Corporate and Investment Bank based in Johannesburg.
Your main responsibilities
- Build reusable software components and libraries for future use across multiple projects
- Design, code, test, debug and document software according to the functional requirements
- Analyse, diagnose and resolve errors related to their applications
- Keep abreast of technical and industry developments
- Work closely with developers and a variety of end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
Our client is looking to develop a range of Digital products which will span across Corporate, Investment, Client and Colleague based projects to deliver new solutions.
FDM’s unique combination of fully-funded training and commercial experience will fast-track your career progression. You will be trained for 14 weeks to provide the full set of Development skills you will need. Following training, you will enter a fast-paced and challenging environment to develop mobile, web applications and APIs, as well as deliver a number of replacement solutions for existing software platforms.
What we offer you:
- Work on projects with world-renowned companies as an FDM Consultant for 24 months
- The option to transition permanently to the client after your initial 24 months or remain at FDM and progress to be a Senior Consultant
- Individual mentoring and ongoing support throughout your entire FDM journey
- Open door to tech talks, networking and social events
We ask you have:
- Bachelors Degree grade 60% or above in STEM disciplines
- Eligibility to work in South Africa
- English level B2 or higher
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships
- Motivation, ambition and drive to succeed
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Interest in finance/capital markets
- Commitment to a 24-months contract with FDM upon completion of the training period
With 85+ nationalities working together as a team, we encourage inclusivity and celebrate diversity, in terms of background, culture and skills. Our Women in Tech initiatives support women in the industry, aiming to create a more gender balanced workforce. As a part of the FDM consultant community, your efforts will always be recognised and rewarded, and you will be supported throughout your FDM journey to achieve your career goals.