FDM Group is a global professional services provider with a focus on IT, working with over 200 clients across multiple business sectors. FDM’s business model is both unique and robust, bringing people and technology together in the most effective way. With centres across the UK, mainland Europe, North America and Asia, FDM has shown exponential growth throughout the years and has firmly established itself as an award-winning company and one of the fastest growing companies in Europe.
Following the volume of FDM Consultants who expressed an interest in supporting directly and indirectly within the UK’s Pandemic response, FDM created the Healthcare and Life Sciences team in 2020. The Team is responsible for supporting our consultants on-site with Healthcare and Life Sciences clients as well as Business Development activities to grow FDM’s footprint within this rapidly expanding sector.
The Role will be working within this Team to support in the growth of this industry sector as a Junior Account manager within the team. It will involve an initial process of learning and understanding the FDM business model through a short placement with the Recruitment Team. Following this, you will Progress into the Health and Life sciences team and your role will be split between Business Development and Management of some existing accounts. Given the broad range of organisations within the sector, you will be given a great deal of autonomy to target specific organisations allowing the successful individual to focus on Health, Pharma, Biotech or a mixture of all them based on preference and knowledge.
Sales at FDM in London involves developing relationships with new and existing clients. Fast-track career progression is a key focus at FDM and given the relatively recent creation of the team, this role offers an exceptional opportunity to quickly advance through the organisation and mark yourself out as a high performer within the world of Business Development at FDM.
FDM Group is looking for engaging individuals with clear reasons as to why they are driven towards a career in business development and sales. You will be working closely alongside the UK Healthcare and Life Sciences Lead and several Account Managers who will ensure that you get up to speed quickly and continue to develop and grow within the role.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Learning the FDM Model and learning USPs to be able to pitch to a client.
• Maintaining existing client relationships and developing new connections.
• Calling, emailing and arranging meetings with prospective clients.
• Gathering requirements from clients and sourcing relevant candidates from the FDM academies for roles.
• Liaising with other areas of the business including Recruitment, the Academy, Business Development Managers and Sales Managers.
• Understanding industry specific news and changes and how these may translate to opportunities / threats for FDM.
• Providing support to our in-house trainees, both in the process of securing their placement and in their time on-site
• Dedicated to a career in Sales specifically new business
• Good understanding of the IT industry
• Effective negotiation skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Effective organisation skills with ability to priortise
• Able to use initiative
• Works well in a team
Diversity and inclusion are at the heart of what we value as an organisation. FDM Group is an equal opportunities employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other status protected by law. Our recruitment team are happy to support with any adjustments that are needed within the recruitment process.