Account Manager – Sports, Betting & Gaming
FDM is expanding its UK sales team – we are interested in people who are passionate about technology and who are excited about launching a sales career.
The Media, Retail and Travel team is looking for someone to manage new and existing clients across Sports, Betting and Gaming. The position is ideal for recent graduates with a keen interest in this industry who would like to work with exciting clients in a fast-paced sector at the forefront of technology.
After completing FDM’s sales training, and learning our business model, we’ll start you on the sales journey at FDM which has significant career advancement opportunities.
You’ll be learning about the most relevant technologies across Sports, Betting & Gaming and will be developing your sales approach around this.
There will be a focus on nurturing existing client relationships, as well as a strong emphasis on generating and developing new business opportunities.
Our purpose is to create and inspire exciting careers that shape our digital future. We work to bridge the digital skills gap, supporting 300+ clients worldwide across all industry sectors.
We want to make sure that the opportunity for a career in tech is made available to as wide an audience as possible.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer: it enables us to attract, recruit, train and deploy incredible people with centres across Europe, North America and APAC.
We are mostly interested in a spirit of entrepreneurialism, creativity, and passion for sales – specific experience is not essential – you’ll simply need to demonstrate motivation to learn the tools and knowledge required to succeed.
You’ll begin to build relationships and solve client challenges from the get-go. You’ll need to be comfortable presenting FDM’s business to clients, face-to-face and today on Zoom/ Teams daily.
This position is perfect for someone with prior work experience (1-2 years) however, we also welcome applicants looking for a career change in the face of Covid-19.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintaining existing client relationships and developing new connections through Business Development activity
• Attendance & contribution at daily stand up and regular group sales meetings
• Able to achieve targets and weekly performance KPIs
• Account Management administration through Cloud CRM management tool – Salesforce
• Use of collaboration & Networking tools including Microsoft Teams, Yammer & LinkedIn
• Gathering requirements from customers and sourcing relevant candidates from the FDM academies for roles
• Cross functional collaboration with other areas of the business including Recruitment, University Partnerships, People Team, Academy, Product Owners and Sales Management
• Providing pastoral support to our in-house trainees, both in the process of securing their placement and in their time on-site
• Staying up to date with industry & sector developments through research
• Keen interest and desire to work with Sports, Betting & Gaming clients
• Educated to degree level or equivalent sales / customer-facing experience (ideally 1-2 years)
• Previous experience in sales, recruitment or within Sports/Betting/Gaming industries is beneficial but more importantly, we are looking for the right attitude and a motivation to succeed
• Impeccable interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Strong organisational skills and meticulous attention to detail
• Commercially aware and target-oriented individuals
• Eager to learn and develop professionally
• Technically proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Diversity and inclusion are at the heart of what we value as an organisation. FDM Group is an equal opportunities employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law. Our recruitment team are happy to support with any reasonable adjustments that are needed within the recruitment process.