FDM is the market leader in the Recruit, Train and Deploy industry. We recruit and train graduates, ex-forces personnel and returners to work, transforming them into IT and business professionals before deploying them across our client base. We work in partnership with our clients to fill their specialty skills gaps, building a diverse pipeline of talent for the future. With centres across Europe, North America and APAC, FDM has shown exponential growth throughout the years, firmly establishing itself as an award-winning FTSE 250 employer.
Reporting to the internal development technical lead, the Junior Developer works within the internal development team facilitating FDM’s IT development and deployment efforts across its global estate. The development team primarily use C# (knowledge of any OO language will suffice) to build applications for the business.
The role sometimes involves processing a number of basic administrative tasks therefore the ideal person needs to be task orientated, extremely organised, able to multitask, have a high level of attention to detail, the ability to manage the high volume of work, prioritise work in line with the needs of the department, be a team player and effectively communicate with all levels of seniority within the business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Configuration of applications and environments across a variety of business domains.
- Proactively monitor and manage core development platforms to support the development pipeline.
- Development of key internal applications that help support the wider business.
- Involvement in full SDLC including design, build and test of FDM’s IT systems.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the FDM business model.
- Complete any other work as required.
- Degree discipline – studying Information Technology or Computer Science and on track to achieve a 2:1 classification.
- Coding – experience of an object orientated programming language; C# is preferable but any other OO language will be acceptable.
- Communication - demonstrate skills in effective verbal and written professional communication; professional and outgoing approach; appropriate level of report writing and professional email communication; confidence when delivering presentations.
- Valuing Others - work individually and collaboratively within the team and wider organisation; show respect and courtesy towards colleagues irrespective of grade or hierarchy; support other team members; establish, build and maintain relationships across all levels of the organisation; value cultural and ethnic diversity; be aware of the impact of your decisions on colleagues.
- Results Oriented - prioritise and manage tasks/time in order to meet deadlines; pay attention to detail, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines; self-motivated, take ownership and show initiative.
- Research - apply logical and critical thinking in order to examine and analyse the data presented, analyse data and apply a level of understanding in order to inform content for business reports; navigate systems and extract data using software tools such as spreadsheets and databases; interpret and present data in the form of tables, graphs and charts; deliver a high standard of accuracy.
- Familiarity with any of the following
-Knowledge of a database system
-Unit testing frameworks
-Continuous integration tools
FDM is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other status protected by law.