FDM is the market leader in the Recruit, Train and Deploy industry. We recruit and train graduates, ex-forces personnel and returners to work, transforming them into IT and business professionals before deploying them across our client base. We work in partnership with our clients to fill their specialty skills gaps, building a diverse pipeline of talent for the future. With centres across Europe, North America and APAC, FDM has shown exponential growth throughout the years, firmly establishing itself as an award-winning FTSE 250 employer.
Reporting to the internal development technical lead, the Developer works within the internal development team facilitating FDM’s IT development and deployment efforts across its global estate. The development team primarily use C# to build applications for the business.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Configuration of applications and environments across a variety of business domains.
• Deployment of applications across the business estate.
• Proactively monitor and manage core development platforms to support the development pipeline.
• Development of key internal applications that help support the wider business.
• Involvement in full SDLC including design, build and test of FDM’s IT systems.
• Help and mentor the junior developers in the team.
• Take responsibility for code reviews of peers.
• Gain a thorough understanding of the FDM business model.
• Complete any other work as required.
• Degree discipline – at least a 2:1 degree in Information Technology or Computer Science.
• Coding – at least 3 years’ experience of either C# or PHP
• Agile – experience working within an agile time, either with Scrum or Kanban.
• Tooling and frameworks – working knowledge of the following depending on C# or PHP:
- Visual Studio 15/17/19
- .Net Framework 4 and above
- Entity Framework 6 or Entity Framework Core
- ASP.Net MVC5 or ASP.Net Core
- ASP.Net Core Razor Pages
- Architecture styles/API's (REST)
- SQL, SQL Server and SQL Server Management Studio
- HTML5/CSS3 and Bootstrap
- Unit Testing with NUnit/xUnit or similar and mocking with Moq or similar
- Git knowledge or equivalent source control
- HTML5/CSS3 and Bootstrap
• Communication - demonstrate skills in effective verbal and written professional communication; professional and outgoing approach; appropriate level of report writing and professional email communication; confidence when delivering presentations.
• Valuing Others - work individually and collaboratively within the team and wider organisation; show respect and courtesy towards colleagues irrespective of grade or hierarchy; support other team members; establish, build and maintain relationships across all levels of the organisation; value cultural and ethnic diversity; be aware of the impact of your decisions on colleagues.
• Results Oriented - prioritise and manage tasks/time in order to meet deadlines; pay attention to detail, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines; self-motivated, take ownership and show initiative.
• Familiarity with any of the following
- PowerShell Scripting
- Azure hosted environments
- AWS EC2
FDM is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other status protected by law.