FDM is the market leader in the Recruit, Train and Deploy industry. We recruit and train graduates, ex-forces personnel and returners to work, transforming them into IT and business professionals before deploying them across our client base. We work in partnership with our clients to fill their specialty skills gaps, building a diverse pipeline of talent for the future. With centres across Europe, North America and APAC, FDM has shown exponential growth throughout the years, firmly establishing itself as an award-winning FTSE 250 employer.
This is a full-time permanent role based in Barangaroo Sydney, you will work within a global team of support analysts who are the first point of contact for all IT support issues and projects - playing a crucial role in supporting FDM’s infrastructure and thus BAU across the globe but mainly the APAC region currently consisting of 4 sites (Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore and China). This is the first time this region is benefiting from an ‘in region’ IT engineer. The successful candidate will need to undertake all tasks in this region, ranging from 1st to 2nd line support requests. An ability to work autonomously and across different time zones is critical to the success of this role.
This role, whilst starting out as an IT engineer, could grow into a Team Lead position whereby more hires would be made and report into the team lead. There is a lot of opportunity for career progression for the right candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide 1st/ 2nd support both remotely and onsite within the business, predominantly within the APAC time zone /region.
- Provide cover for other regions out of hours where necessary/On call.
- Establish, build, and grow relationships with internal FDM staff through effective communication, consistency and the provision of a highly professional service.
- Ensure work is carried out in line with FDM policies and practices.
- Liaise with 3rd party providers/suppliers as required.
- Procure IT hardware and software in accordance with FDM procurement processes.
- Ensure IT assets are managed and audited.
- Carry out regular field visits to other sites, and any new sites being established; be it temporary or permanent (predominantly Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Sydney)
- Work on business projects which involve various stakeholders in the business.
- Commercially focused
- 1-3 years’ experience in similar role
- Good Customer service skills
- Excellent analytical skills and organizational skills
- Strong team working skills.
- Experience in a similar role and passion for IT
- Problem solving/troubleshooting ability - crucial in this role.
- Exceptional attention to detail and able to work with a high level of accuracy.
- Adaptable, flexible and willing to dedicate time outside of normal business hours when needed.
- Experience of working in ticket-based environment such as Zendesk / Service Now etc • Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written format with professional language.
- Good time and workload management skills specifically with the ability to prioritize, work to SLAs and take responsibility for own work.
- Adept skillset in the following technologies is mandatory:
o Exchange and Active Directory
o Group Policy Management
o Windows Server OS
o Office 365 administration
Desirable Criteria (not essential)
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Experience in supporting 500+ seats.
- Printer setup/configuration/administration
- Android/ Apple IOS experience
- Additional IT languages
- ITIL Certified/Awareness
- Mac OS experience
- Mobile Device Management
Diversity and inclusion are at the heart of what we value as an organisation. FDM Group is an equal opportunities employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other status protected by law. Our recruitment team are happy to support with any reasonable adjustments that are needed within the recruitment process.