Find out about FDM’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) preparations here
Note: Please only submit one application, even if you are interested in more than one opportunity. A recruiter will speak to you about all options available after we review your application. Please note this role is part of our graduate program.
Your career starts here.
It’s no secret that technology is the world’s fastest growing industry. Now’s the time for you to get involved. A career in tech isn’t just about coding. FDM consultants are working on exciting advancements in technology, including robotics, automation and more. Don’t have a degree in tech? No problem, if you have the passion and aptitude for technology it doesn’t matter what you studied in college. We welcome all degree backgrounds at FDM.
FDM Junior Software Developers work with a range of responsibilities, including: writing, developing, testing, and reviewing code; supporting existing applications; liaising with end users to fix defects, find solutions, and test them; adding functionality to applications by designing and implementing solutions; and more. FDM has trained and placed developers in specialties including Java, C#, COBOL, .Net, and more.
FDM is an award-winning graduate employer. We recruit, train and deploy talented individuals, like yourself, who want to excel in a successful technology career. Following training, you will gain two years of commercial experience on client sites across Canada. It doesn’t stop there, many of our consultants go on to work permanently with the client, work internally at FDM or choose a different pathway using the connections and experience they’ve gained.
What We Offer You:
- Industry recognized paid training and assignment with one of FDM’s global clients
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Ongoing training and development through FDM mentors and virtual learning
- Relocation support where applicable for training and assignment(s)
The Ideal FDMer has:
- University degree/college diploma or above
- A demonstrable interest and desire to work in technology
- Exemplary communication skills
- Legally authorized to work in Canada
- Ability to communicate effectively in French (Preferred) and English
- Able to commit to a two-year contract with FDM upon completion of the training period
- Knowledge of operating systems (Microsoft, UNIX, Linux)
- Exposure to one of the object-oriented programming languages (Java, C, C++, C#)
- Foundation in Excel
- Exposure to SQL
- Project Management Methodologies: Agile (Scrum), Test Driven Development, Waterfall
- Strong knowledge of software development life cycle
Culture and Diversity
At FDM, our culture is unique. From charity partnerships to networking events, we are proud to provide a range of opportunities for you to get involved, broaden your networks and help you build relationships. In 2018, we were awarded Diversity Employer of the Year and we continue to prove that we’re inclusive by nature through our initiatives including Women in Tech.
FDM is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, provincial or local laws.