Find out about FDM’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) preparations here.
Note: Please only submit one application, even if you are interested in more than one opportunity. A recruiter will speak to you about all options available after we review your application. Please note this role is part of our graduate program.
Our people are our passion at FDM. That’s why we make your training and career growth a priority. Since 2014, we have launched the tech careers of over 2,000 people in Canada. FDM is currently seeking numerous ambitious and driven candidates with the aptitude for IT to work as FDM consultants. We help people like you make their first step into tech every day. Are you ready to make yours?
About This Role
As a Junior Data Engineer with FDM, you will undergo industry specific training and continue your career journey as an FDM consultant by working for one of our globally recognized clients. Some common positions you could be working in include Data Engineer, Data Architect, ETL Engineer and more.
As a Junior Data Engineer, you will design, develop and test a large-scale, custom distributed data pipeline using the Java, Python and the latest Big data technologies. You will be a technology advocate and share expertise with other team members. You will be a key partner to the business and the rest of the team throughout the delivery cycle and will work through challenging and interesting problems.
This position is ideal for final year students hoping to secure an entry-level job upon graduation. No previous qualifications or STEM Field experience is required.
- Degree or Diploma (preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or similar).
- A natural aptitude for technology and a strong desire to expand your technical skill set.
- Exposure or familiarity with object oriented programming, data structures, SQL and Excel.
- Exposure to one or more operating systems (Microsoft, UNIX, Linux).
- Exposure to Hadoop (HDFS, Hive, HBase, Spark).
- Understanding of data constructs, data modelling and data management tools.
- Able to commit to work for FDM for a minimum of two years working as an FDM consultant following the training period.
- Eligible to work in Canada.
- A chance to work for some of the most prestigious companies in the world.
- Opportunity to earn professional certifications related to your career path.
- Two-year contract in industry.
- Continuous career support and upskilling from FDM.
- Comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
- Access to a network of mentors and like-minded individuals.
- Industry recognized paid training.
About the FDM Career Development Program
FDM’s Career Development Program is a great way for students to enter the job market upon graduation. At FDM, we train the brightest talent to become the innovators of tomorrow. Technology makes the world a better place and we believe passion, drive and curiosity are what you need to have a successful career in tech. This is why we do not require any previous experience to join FDM’s Career Development Program.
FDM’s two-year program begins with training in one of our career streams in business and technology that are in high demand in the job market. We will provide you with the industry-specific technical and professional skills you need in your chosen stream, after which you will start working as an FDM Consultant with our globally recognized clients.
Upon completion of the program, many graduates see their journey with FDM culminating in an accelerated career progression, better placing them to apply for senior roles within the industry.
Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity and inclusion are at the heart of what we value as an organization. FDM is a globally recognized organization with centers across seventeen countries globally. We are proud to celebrate our employee backgrounds consisting over 85 nationalities.
FDM Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, provincial or local laws.