At FDM we work in partnership with our clients, across a number of sectors, to provide them with the people they need to fill their technology skills gaps and to build their talent pipeline. We train graduates, ex-forces personnel, and those looking to return to work after a career break, transforming them into IT and business professionals, before deploying them across our client base as FDM consultants.
Our purpose is to create and inspire exciting careers that shape our digital future. We want to make sure that the opportunity for a career in tech is made available to as wide an audience as possible. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer: it enables us to attract, recruit, train and deploy incredible people.
With centres across Europe, North America, and APAC, FDM has shown exponential growth throughout the years, firmly establishing itself as an award-winning FTSE 250 employer. Find out more about us, follow us on social #FDMcareers.
An exciting opportunity to join one of Europe’s fastest-growing companies at our office in London city centre.
Joining our busy and dynamic team you will play a key role in building client relationships and helping to promote the FDM brand. As FDM’s front of house representative, you will provide a comprehensive and efficient reception that meets the needs of internal colleagues and clients.
The role is all about service excellence, whether it is greeting clients, answering the telephone or providing refreshments. You will have an enthusiastic approach, where nothing is too much trouble.
Establishing yourself within the FDM team will provide you with a fantastic opportunity to progress to other exciting roles within the organisation.
- Greet and welcome visitors to the office
- Answer telephone, screen, and direct calls
- Manage room booking system and organise meetings
- Provide refreshments for externally attended meetings
- Receive, sort & distribute mail deliveries / collections
- Arrange courier collections using the most cost-effective method determined
- Coordinate stationery orders and distribution
- Maintain a tidy and effective reception area
- Assist in the coordination of both client and internal events held at the office
- Report any facilities issues identified within the office and monitor their resolution
- Provide general administration and clerical support across the business
- Professional personal presentation
- Excellent telephone manner
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise
- Works well as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Enthusiastic, with good people skills
- Effective IT skills in Word, Excel and Outlook
Ideally, you will be educated to graduate level. Previous experience in a similar role is desirable but not essential.
Diversity and inclusion are at the heart of what we value as an organisation. FDM Group is an equal opportunities employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other status protected by law. Our recruitment team are happy to support any reasonable adjustments that are needed within the recruitment process.