Find out about FDM’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) preparations here
Role: Recruitment and University Partnerships Coordinator
Role Type: 12 month placement
Department: Recruitment and University Partnership
Reporting to: Regional Recruitment Manager
FDM Group is a global professional services provider, with a focus on IT. We are the market leader in the Recruit, Train and Deploy industry, working with nearly 200 clients across multiple sectors including; Media, Finance and Travel. Renowned for our dynamic Careers Programme, we transform graduates, returners to work and ex-forces personnel into IT and business professionals, giving them the opportunity to kick-start an exciting new career. We are proud of our emphasis on diversity and inclusion, as we have grown exponentially throughout Europe, North America and Asia.
Reporting to the Regional Recruitment Manager, this placement is a combined role that will require the candidate to support the Recruitment and University Partnership (UP) teams. You will be responsible for assisting with FDM’s recruitment processes and attracting high calibre graduates to join the FDM Graduate Programme through events on site and on campus.
This multidimensional role will be divided into the following:
- University Partnerships Events – you will be supporting and organising different events, including; charity events, corporate client events, academy events and UP team events to ensure their smooth running both in the office and on campus.
- Recruitment – you will be involved in different recruitment activities such as internship and placement recruiting, and facilitating final stages of the recruitment process for graduates. In addition, you will play a key role in advertising our job roles on careers sites.
Due to the multifaceted aspect of this role, the ideal candidate should have a keen eye for detail, be able to work well under pressure and prioritise work to meet deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing highly efficient and responsive administrative support to the Graduate and UP Recruitment teams by ensuring that all tasks are completed in timely manner
- Prioritising specific tasks in line with the specific team/business requirements
- Supporting and organising Final Stage Interviews, including undertaking core administrative tasks
- Facilitate final stage interviews in the Glasgow office as well as virtually for other locations. Being a source of knowledge for candidates and helping to create a good quality candidate experience for them
- Provide highly efficient and responsive administrative support to the UK Graduate recruitment team
- Organising and attending various Recruitment events for staff, clients, universities and potential employees
- Establishing, building and growing relationships with internal FDM staff through effective communication, consistency and highly professional service
- Expanding upon the understanding of FDM’s business model
- Print and prepare Welcome Packs, log and file Signed Offer letters, ensuring all training files are complete and up-to-date, respond to ad hoc enquiry emails, etc
- Ad hoc work as required
- Degree discipline – Enrolled in a sandwich placement course of relevant Business degree or similar
- Communication – Demonstrate skills in effective verbal and written professional communication; professional and outgoing approach; confidence when delivering presentations or public speaking; strong interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude – ability to work individually and collaboratively within the team and wider organisation; establish and maintain relationships across all levels of the organisation; value cultural and ethnic diversity
- Adaptability – able to be flexible; managing multiple tasks in a professional manner
- Results oriented – ability to prioritise and manage tasks/time in order to meet deadlines; great attention to detail, ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines; self-motivated, showing ownership and initiative
- Time management - able to work on own initiative ensuring specific tasks are given priority in line with specific team / business requirements
- Values – embodying company’s values in their day-to-day life
Familiarity with the following:
- Good understanding of the IT industry and graduate market
- Knowledge of creative packages, such as Adobe
- Affinity for social media (e.g. Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Ability to confidently develop innovative solutions to difficult tasks
Diversity and inclusion are at the heart of what we value as an organisation. FDM Group is an equal opportunities employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other status protected by law. Our recruitment team are happy to support with any reasonable adjustments that are needed within the recruitment process.